1. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CALIFORNIA CONSUMERSIn the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories and types of personal information from California consumers, and intend to continue doing so subject to the requirements under the CCPA:
- Identifiers, such as name, email addresses, and billing and shipping addresses for online purchases and to send you pre-authorized marketing communications.
- Customer characteristics, which includes the categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (California Civil Code Section 1798.80), including physical characteristics, payment information and, for employment candidates, education and employment history, and characteristics of protected classifications under California law, such as gender and age (over 40).
- Commercial information, including purchasing habits, such as the products you have ordered or considered (i.e., placed in your basket but never ultimately purchased), as well as your purchasing history.
- Technical Identifies, such as internet and other similar network activity, such as browsing history and cookie history.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio and visual information, such as pictures you may have uploaded to our site and recorded customer services calls.
- Inferences, which are drawn from the above information to create consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences and behaviors and customized content/offerings.
2. INCENTIVESFrom time to time and subject to the requirements of the CCPA, we may offer you certain incentives, financial or otherwise, to encourage you to share your personal information with us, which we’ll use to send you future marketing communications. Those incentives may consist of discounts and/or credits on future purchases on the GlassesUSA website. You always have the right under the CCPA to opt-out of receiving these marketing communications and/or to request the deletion of your personal information from our records, as we describe below.
3. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS.California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell your personal information, the categories of personal information we have disclosed and "sold" about you in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information in the preceding 12 months. If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), to opt out of sales of personal information and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights (unless permitted by applicable law, such as if the differences are reasonably related to your information). Our Website does not sell (as “sell” is traditionally defined) your personal information. That is, we don’t provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personally identifiable information to third parties in exchange for money. However, under California Privacy Notice, sharing information for instance for advertising purposes may be considered a “sale” of “personal information.” If you’ve visited our digital properties within the past 12 months, under the CCPA personal information about you may have been “sold” to our advertising or other partners for their own use. California residents have the right to opt out of the “sale” of personal information, and we’ve made it easy for anyone to stop the information transfers that might be considered such a “sale” from our website or mobile app. And just for clarification, sharing your personal information with our service providers that may send you an email communication on our behalf isn’t considered a “sale” under the CCPA. California consumers may make a rights request by submitting an online request or by calling customer service at 1-800-715-1966. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address, name and account id (which is required only if you already have an account with us). If you have an account with us, you can find your account id on your main account page after you log in. Additionally, California consumers may opt-out of the "sale" of information as described above, by changing their Privacy Preferences Please note that by opting out of the sharing of your personal information considered as sale as defined by CCPA:
- We will still share your personal information with our service providers to provide the services on our websites and mobile apps; and
- These settings may not persist if you clear your cookies, switch devices, or switch browsers. If you access our websites from other browsers or devices, you will also need to make this selection on each browser and device. If you delete or clear cookies, you’ll need to click the button again the next time you visit. If you delete or clear your cookies, that will delete our opt-out cookie and you will need to opt out again. If you have previously requested that we do not sell your personal information, your request remains in effect until you tell us otherwise.